Student/Renter must complete, and sign California Windsurfing waiver agreement, acknowledge they understand and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
Identification and Security Requirements
California Windsurfing requires a valid US Driver’s License (Showing the individual is at least 18 years of age) or a valid Passport (Showing the holder is at least 21 years of age) to be held as security during the rental period. California Windsurfing will retain the License or Passport until all watercraft and associated equipment is returned undamaged and rental fees fully paid.
Passengers aboard any California Windsurfing watercraft must wear a US Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device (PFD) at all times while on the water. Additionally, all passengers must be at least 18 years of age or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is authorized to sign the rental agreement and who can and will supervise the minor’s activities at all times both on the land and on the water.
Passengers aboard Windsurfers, Kayaks, or Stand Up Paddle Boards must know how to swim.
Lesson & Class Costs:
Introductory classes are offered on a fix rate bases and may be modified from time to time.
Rental rate may vary based on the type or size of watercraft selected. Please check with a California Windsurfing representative too confirms the rental cost for the watercraft or equipment desired.
Overall cost for the equipment rentals will be calculated in ½ hour (30 minute) increments with a ½ minimum charge. Late returns will result in additional rental cost. Excess rental cost will be round up to the next ½ hour.
- Use of protective footwear is recommended.
- Do not leave children unattended at the California Windsurfing area at anytime.
- No pets. We love pets, but for safety reason we cannot allow dogs, cats or other pets onboard any of our watercraft including: Windsurfers, Pedal Boats, Standup Paddle Board and Kayaks. Service dogs are welcome.
- California Windsurfing is not responsible for any personal property left at the California Windsurfing site or with California Windsurfing personnel.
- A valid driver license or passport must be kept by rental personal during equipment usage period.
- Users of windsurfing equipment and kayaks must know how to swim.
- Renters of Windsurfing equipment must be certified by a recognized windsurfing training school, association, authority, or have previous demonstrable windsurfing experience. A California Windsurfing Instructor will determine if any non-certified renters experience qualifies them for equipment usage.
- Minor’s parent or guardian must sign the rental form. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on the water at all times.
- No sharing windsurfing equipment, stand up paddel boards or kayaks is permitted.
- Windsurfing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Kayaking equipment is for the use of a single individual. Only the individual completing the rental form or the minor for who the form was completed is authorized to use the equipment not both.
- Equipment usage only for use in the Foster City Lagoon at Leo J. Ryan Park and may not be taken off site to any other location at any time.
- Use of any equipment, wetsuit, or life jacket is at the renters own risk.
- A U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (Life Jacket) will be provided and must be wore at all times while on the water.
- All windsurfing lessons must be completed within the season which they began.